Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated. Los Angeles, CA.

Abbey Lee for Givenchy F/W '08 Look #1, Is Dat Chu?!





Ah, I love it when it rains. I can wear my Dior Homme Trench and use my Marc Jacobs umbrella. *Sigh*...Okay now the serious shit.

There's a fine line between inspiration and imitating.

Inspiration is when you have you existing outfits you own and turn it into a trend that is popping from the runway. You don't necessarily copy it...you have to put your own personal twist to convey your individuality.

Imitating is when you directly copy from head to toe...and miserably fail at it. I had the honor to discover that a person fried their own hair to emulate my own (badly since the sides was not buzzed off, it was gelled flat). I let that one slide only since it was more "Fried Rooster" than "Morris Day in 'Purple Rain'". The thing that annoyed the hell out of me was that, yesterday, I wore my cute cropped Dior trench over my new shirt, Dolce&Gabanna bowtie, grey tartan slacks, and Gucci suede loafers. And then I see that this mall rat had the nerve to show his face with the same (and horrbily put together) aesthetic as I wore yesterday. But to make it his own, he had a khaki trench. Real original.

At least it shows that people look up to me. HAHA!

I'm totally Cher from "Clueless" and homegirl is Amber, who bought the same Alaia dress after she saw Cher wear it. Snap.

No comments: