Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Fashionable Way To Be Regina George.



Girls, you know who that is? Right?! Me either. That my friends, is Stewart Bradley, NFL Linebacker for the Philidelphia Eagles. Following the footsteps of Sean Avery (Hockey Player who interned at Men's Vogue and opened many doors for him in the world of fashion), Bradley has accepted an interning position at Elle Magazine, focusing on his fashion career during the off season. At first I thought it was a big joke but then I read his blog recently and he made a great observation that rival's The Mean Girls/Regina George method:

“Having spent a few weeks in a nearly all-female office environment, I see that criticism is delivered in subtler ways (whatever people’s impressions are of fashion editors, there is no shouting here). My favorite is what I call it the 'criticism sandwich.' You’re probably asking yourself, 'What is a criticism sandwich?' but I’m willing to bet you hand out or receive these sandwiches all the time without realizing it. The CS (for short) is best described in an example. Let’s say Jane wants to tell Sally that the presentation she’s working on needs a better introduction. If Jane used a CS she might say something like, 'Sally, I loved the conclusion of your presentation, but the introduction needs some polish. And oh, what a cool necklace! Is it antique?' The only thing that Jane wanted to convey was that the introduction sucked, but by using the CS she gets her point across with less resistance (and fewer tears) from Sally.”


Although I'm sure he meant "vintage" rather than antique, he's...hate to say it. bangable now. Where can I line up? Come on...ProbsGay! Yeah, I dated a football player before. Enough said.

No comments: