Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Minor Blog Change, Major Perception Turnaround.

" I know that you can't live on hope alone, but without it, life is not worth living"



As you can see in my blog, I took out my funny "Suck My Balls" picture for something more appropriate at these times. I decided to be less cynical and more aware, knowledgable, and understanding. Don't get me wrong, you must be thinking "Why the sudden personality change? You're starting to write about things that has not have to do with fantasizing about screwing a hot guy or shoes?!" Trust me, I still want to screw Richard Gutierrez and male models. And you can all still suck my balls but this is really important to me.

Today, I received the package I've been waiting for. It's basically a tiny piece of fabric knotted to signify my support for marraige equality. Tying the knot, if you may. I also went to my friend's house to watch "Milk" and it finally sunk in that the social ridicule I go through is a walk in the park compared to the times where gay men where beaten and gay-owned businesses where raided for no real reason.

As much as my mother loves me, she voted Yes on Proposition 8 because she believed that it's against her religion. What she doesn't realize that there is a separation between church and state and it is definitely not fair to see my two brothers have the right to marry and I can not, which makes me feel like a second class citizen. And since then, I still bug her about the issue. Reality hasn't hit her yet and maybe something like that movie or a piece of cloth can change her perception.

You see, I did not get the white knot for me. I plan on giving it to my mother, with an attached paper showing information of marraige equality and a copy of "Milk" (also because she thought Spicoli was funny in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High").

What can you do? Click the link, check the site. Be informed. The knot costs a stamp. You know you love me, you wouldn't be reading my blog. You know you love the gays, we make things prettier. So why not support?

No comments: