Sunday, March 29, 2009

It Would be Too Expensive To Change My Last Name To Bradshaw.

Every girl out there will totally agree with me:

There is a Carrie Bradshaw in all of us women.

Last night I was out with my girls chit chatting over some cocktails, classy selections such as Korbel (Hah) and not hard liquor, and we talked about the "what ifs" in our lives.

"What if we went into the relationship too quickly"

"Should I have moved in with him?"

and the realistic yet dreaded question, "Should I just leave him?"

If you did not know us, you would think that we're just regular bitches bitching. But having friends who are mirror dreamers such as myself, these types of things are important since we live for love. Why am I talking about this? It's because Carrie Bradshaw re-entered my life lately. A few weeks ago, I have this beautiful friend from work, who I like to call Miss Double Dip because she loves her double scoop of 70 cent ice cream from Rite Aid as is not ashamed of it. She will totally kill me for that. Anyways, since we live near each other, I thought I would take her home and during this trip to her house, we ended up talking about each other's loves life and my dilemma emulated Carrie Bradshaw's.

Then again yesterday, after dropping off Miss Double Dip home, I sped to Mom's for some good old fashion Filipino food when I see my mother watching the Fourth Season. In that season, Miranda meets a handsome man training for the marathon who loves to eat out assholes. (Oh get over it, you're reading a gay man's blog for Cher's sake.) Awkward, yes. What's more awkward was that my mother quickly stared at me looking like she was going to ask me THAT question. And yes, I had to walk away from the situation. After that, I thanked my mother for the delicious food and left.

Okay this is where I relate myself to Carrie Bradshaw. It's detailed so beware...

This is how I see the four girls: Charlotte gets sex because of her class. Miranda gets sex because of her intelligence. Samantha gets sex because...well..you know. But Carrie...she gets sex not because she's not the best at everything but she has a piece of the other three WITH an amazing closet. That is me. I know I'm not the conventionally cutest but I am so comfortable in my own skin, it makes me god damn amazing. I am confident, smart, socially open, and although you don't see it, I'm...caring. And I'm not saying this to overempower myself. And I'm not saying this because I need a pick me up. I am saying this just because. And yes, it's a bit cocky but this is my blog, damn it.

I guess you can say, I'm happy because I put myself in a positive environment. I have my girls, my shoes, my closet and especially my self worth.

Post Script: One final Bradshaw comparison is translated best in this clip. Even down to the Dolce&Gabbana.

No comments: