Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Really Enjoyable Birthday.



Move out of the way, bitches. I got to show off my Maison Martin Margiela jacket. Shoulderpads!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who greeted me, called, texted, showed up to the bar, etc. You guys are amazing. When I woke up, I was really dreading being 23 until my Grandma called and gave me some spiritual words of wisdom. After that, it made me realize that I'm still young and I can do anything. And after THAT, I walked around town and threw my berét in the air a la Mary Tyler. Kidding.

I have a deeper appreciation in life. Although it's been rocky, I had a heart to heart with the guy of my dreams. It was really needed. I also got to hang out with mi familia and my mom cooked my favorite dish. Then it took me 3 fuckin' hours to get ready to dance my ass off. I had to rework on my hair a few times because it kept looking trashé. Everyone who's important in my life showed up. And we danced the whole night away.

By the end of the night, a friend and I went to her apartment and had some more heart to heart. Prior to that, she fought with the clerk at 7-11 over a bottle of champagne. We also boozed till 5am, watched 80's video on YouTube, and practiced our runway all night. I truly adore our friendship. Especially because she is as fierce as Iris Chacon. Now that is how you do a fab B'Day.

No comments: